10. I would rather he___(paint)the wall white next time.
六、Translation from Chinese into English(15 points,3 points each)将下列各句 译成英语并将答案写在答题纸上。
答案：Computers can help solve a lot of problems in scientific researches.
答案：Good books come about as the result of hard work.
Good books are the result of hard work.
答案：The question is whether she herself can overcome these difficulties.
The question is whether she can overcome these difficulties on her own.
答案：Everybody who had heard the news jumped for joy/with excitement.
6. 答案：As long as you dont lose heart,you will succeed.
七、Translation from English into Chinese(15 points)将下列短文译成汉语并将答 案写在答题纸上。
1. Everyone agrees that children’s language learning begins with
listening.However,individual children vary greatly in the amount of listening they do before they start speaking,and late starters are often long listeners.Most
children will‘obey’spoken instructions some time before they can speak.Before they can speak，many children also ask questions by gestures and noises.It is agreed that
they enjoy making noises,and that during the first few months one or two noises are considered as a particular indication of delight，distress，sociability,and so on. But since three noises cannot be said to show the baby’s intention to
communicate，they can hardly be regarded as early forms of language.It is
agreed，too，that from about three months they play with sounds for enjoyment，and by six months they are able to add new sounds to their‘speech’.This selfimitation leads on to intentional imitation of sounds made or words spoken to them by other people.Can these imitations be considered as speech?
一、Vocabulary and Structure（10 points,1 point for each item）从下列各句四 个选项中选出一个最佳答案，并在答题卡上将相应的字母涂黑。
1. We ______ go out to restaurants, but mostly we eat at home.
2. This is the first time that a woman has been _____ to the post.
3. If payment is not received, legal action will be our only_____ .
4. Dont trust everything______ you have read in the newspapers.
5. The conclusion from the study is not definite; it is just_____ .
6. She _____ everything else and concentrated on the task before her.
A. set off
B. set back
C. set aside
D. set up
7. When you _____ know Bob better, you will like him.
A. go to
B. got to
C. went to
D. get to
8. Ive got the order from the boss that the work ______ finished before 5p.m. today.
will have been
A. B. C. D. would be
9. ______Tom has done really amazed everyone in his class.
10. It is not decided _____ the conference will be held.
1. We all believe that modern technology can make life better because it makes everything faster. But by 11 everything up, we suffer losses we have not yet learnt to know. Our day begins with speedy urges: the alarm rings and you jump 12 bed. You
take a quick shower. Then you wake the kids and 13 them through breakfast so they wont miss the bus. At the dining table, you swallow some slices of bread with a cup
of tea. When everything 14, you hurry to the car, thinking of the things you would buy from the supermarket on the way 15. Driving 20 minutes in the busy traffic, you reach your workplace, rushing into the building and 16 up the stairs three at a time, arriving at your desk with seconds to spare. You take 17 deep breaths. Then, you instantly remember that the 18 you didnt finish last night must be faxed to Beijing by 10 oclock in the morning.
Yet it seems that the 19 we go, the further we fall behind. Not only in the literal
sense of not getting done what we set out to do, 20 at a deeper level. It has come to the point where my days feel like an Olympic marathon.