1. Listen! Some of the girls ________ about Harry Potter. Let‘s join them.
A. are talking B. talk
C. will talk D. talked
2. Our teacher, Miss Chen, ________English on the radio the day bore yesterday.
A. teaches B. taught
C. will teach D. had taught
3. I don‘t think I _________ you in that dress before.
A. have seen B. was seeing
C. saw D. see
4. Susan‘s parents have bought a large house with a swimming pool. It _______ be very expensive.
A. must B. can C. mustn‘t D. can‘t
5. Coffee is ready. How nice it ________ ! Would you like some?
A. looks B. smells C. sounds D. feels
6. ― Mr. Zhu, you‘d better _______ too much meat. You are already over weight,‖ said the doctor.
A. not to eat B. to eat C. not eat D. eat
7. ―Don‘t always make Michael ________ this or that. He is already a big boy, dear,‖ Mr. Bush said to his wife.
A. do B. to do C. does D. did
8. Sorry, I can‘t hear you clearly. Will you please ________ your E-mail address? I‘ll write it down.
A. review B. recite C. report D. repeat
9. Don‘t ________ your coat, Tom! It‘s easy to catch cold in spring.
A. take away B. take off C. take down D. take out
10. You _______ go and ask Meimei. She _______ know the answer.
A. must; can B. must; may C. need; can D. can; may
11. I‘m sorry you‘ve missed the train. It ________ 10 minutes ago.
A. left B. has left C. had left D. has been left
12. I bought a new dictionary and it ________ me 30 yuan.
A. paid B. spent C. took D. cost
13. ---Mum, may I go out and play basketball?
---_______ you _______ your homework yet?
A. Do; finish B. Are; finishing C. Did; finishing D. Have; finished
14. I have to go now. Please remember to ________ the lights when you leave.
A. turn off B. turn down C. turn up D. turn on
15. A talk on Chinese history ________ in the school next week.
A. be given B. has been given C. will be given D. will give
16. Look! How heavy the rain is! You‘d better ________.
A. don‘t go now B. stay here when it stops
C. not leave until it stops D. not to leave at once
17. You may go fishing if your work ________.
A. is done B. will be done C. has done D. have done
18. Cotton _______ nice and soft.
A. is felt B. is feeling C. feel D. feels
19. ---Who cleaned the blackboard yesterday, Dick?
A. cleaned B. does C. did D. is
20. ---Linda had nothing for breakfast this morning, _______?
---No. She got up too late.
A. had she B. hadn‘t she C. did she D. didn‘t she
My name is Wang Bing. I‘m from China. Now I ___1____ (study) at this school. I ____2___ (arrive) here on January 8. Since then, I ____3____ (make) a lot of friends. At school we speak English all the time. Next week, some new students from Africa, Asia and Latin America ____4____ (come) to our school. I‘m very glad to know this because I enjoy ____5____ (meet) people from other countries.
1. study/am studying 2. arrived 3. have made 4. will come 5. meeting
Since 1946, one of the most important inventions has been the computer. It has been changing all our lives. The first computer ____1___ (build) in 1946. It ____2____ (be) as large as a room and very difficult and slow ____3____ (use). But since the invention of silicon ―chip‖（硅片），computers ____4____ (become) smaller, easier and faster to operate. Some computers ____5____ (be) as small as TV sets. Some can even ____6___ (make) smaller than a book. And computers ____7____ (get) smaller and smaller all the time. Who knows what the computers of tomorrow ____8___ (be) like?
There ____9___ (be) several reasons why the computer is useful to us. First, a lot of information can ____10____ (put) into computer. Second, the computer works very quickly---thousands of times faster than a man and it will not be tired. Third, modern computers can be built into other kinds of machines, like radios, cars and planes. So today people can spend less time doing more work with a computer.
1. No matter what the weather is like, you can always find surfers out _______ (ride) the waves.
2. ---What do you use the key for?
---It is ________ (use) for making the robot work.
3. No news _______ (be) good news. I‘m sure Jane is still all right.
4. ---Are you feeling better these days?
---Yes, much better. I _______ as well as these days for a long time.
5. It ________ (rain) heavily, you‘d better not go out now.
6. The city of Xian _______ (become) cleaner and cleaner.
7. The boys enjoy _______ (see) fight films very much.
8. He left the room without _______ (say) goodbye.
9. Rice ________ (grow) in the south of China.
10. Many trees ________ (plant) in our school yard these years.
四. 用方框中所给的动词或动词词组的适当形式填入下列句子里，使其意思通顺，每个动词或动词词组只能用一次 Allow, fall, not be, phone, receive, show, send for,
pay for, be used for, turn it off, keep on
1. It‘s rather hot today, but the weather report says the temperature _______ to 28C tomorrow.
2. ―Remember, nobody ________ to eat or drink in the computer room,‖ the assistant said to the new students.
3. Hi, Mike! I _________ your invitation. Thank you very much. I‘ll come on time.
4. This time yesterday I ________ the foreigners around the ancient church.
5. My uncle phoned the booking office of the airline, and he was told there _______ any flights to Singapore in the following three days because of the bad weather.
6. Don‘t lose heart and ________ trying.
7. Don‘t watch TV. It‘s too late. Please _______ and go to bed right now.
8. Computers are useful. They can ________ sending E-mail.
9. If you‘ve lost this book, you have to _______ it.
10. Both of his feet were hurt in the accident. _______ a doctor, please.
一.1.A 2.B 3.A 4.A 5.B 6.C 7.A 8.D 9.B 10.D 11.A 12.D 13.D 14.A 15.C 16.C 17.A 18.D 19.C 20.C
二. 1. was built 2.was 3. to use 4. have become 5. are 6. be made 7. are getting 8. will be 9. are 10. be put
三. 1.riding 2.used 3.is 4.have not felt 5.is raining 6. is becoming 7.seeing 8.sayig 9.is grown 10.have been planted
四. 1.will fall 2.is allowed 3.have received 4.was showing 5.would not be 6.keep on 7.turn it off 8.be used for
9.pay for 10.Send for
John is a student.
Mary is an English teacher.
A steel worker makes steel.
Pass me an apple, please.
A student wants to see you.
A girl is waiting for you outside.
Take the medicine three times a day.
They go to see their parents once a week.
The book on the desk is an English dictionary.
Beijing is the capital of China.
Open the door, please.
Jack is in the library.